For 6 people ()
- 2 1/2 cup(s) water, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) prepared mustard
- 1 cup(s) catsup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 pound(s) beff short ribs with bone
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 ounce(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil
BBQ'd Beef short ribs - Grandma Hardy Directions
- In a dutch oven, brown ribs in oil. Add 2 cups water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, drain.
- combine the tomato paste, catsup, garlic, brown sugar, onion, vinegar, mustard, salt, and remaining water, mix well. Pour over ribs, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Serve over noodles