For 6 people ()
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 6 rib pork chops, cut 1 1/2inches thick
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) dark raisins
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried marjarom leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 4 slices day old bread
- 1 cup(s) apple juice or cider
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped parsley
Baked stuffed Pork Chops Directions
- To make stuffing: cut bread into 1 inch cubes. In 1/2 cup butter in large skillet, saute the onion, celery, stirring until onion is golden. Add bread cubes, stir to combine. Remove from heat. Add parsley, raisins, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, marjoram and pepper, toss lightly to combine..
- Preheat oven to 350. Trim excess fat from pork chops set aside and reserve. Using a sharp paring knife, cut a pocket in each chop, wll the way to the rib. Fill each pocket with 1/4 cup of the stuffing, fasten together with 2 toothpicks.
- Mix together the flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Coat each chop with the flour. Reserve the leftover flour to make gravy. Heat butter and reserved pork fat in large skillet. Over low heat, brown chops on each side. Remove, pour off fat. Add juice or cider to skillet. Stir over medium heat to dissolve browned bits on bottom of pan. Pour into 9x13 pan, stand chops up on uncut end in pan. Cover with foil, bake 1 hour.
- Remove from over, remove toothpicks and discard. Bake chops again uncovered 40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chops from pan and keep warm. Make gravy. Over medium heat, boil drippings, uncovered, 10 minutes, to reduce to one cup. Dissolve reserved flour mixture in 1/2 cup water. Add to drippings, bring to boiling, stirring, simmer 3 minutes, Strain and serve over chops
- Cheater alert!! Instead of making your own stuffing you can use a packaged mix like stove top and stir in the onions and celery or whatever kinds of things you like in your stuffing and proceed with the recipe. It saves a little time and it's yummy.
- You can also buy any kind of pork loin meat whole and cut your own chops to your needs. This saves a little money and is really easy to do