For 1 Batch(es) ()
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) margarine
- 4 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) milk
60 minute rolls - Grandma Hardy's Directions
- In a large bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Combine water, milk, and margarine in a saucepan, heat over low heat until liquids are very warm. Margarine does not need to melt.
- Gradually add to dry ingredients and beat well. Add enough additional flour to make a soft dough. Knead utnil smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise 15 minutes. Punch down and shape into rolls. Let rise 15 minutes more or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with jam or honey or be generous with the butter.