For 8 people ()
- 2 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 pound(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 loaf French Bread (13 to 16 oz)
- 1 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 8 lg eggs
Baked French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup Directions
- Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-- inch each.
- Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9x13 baking dish in 2 rows, overtlapping the slices.
- in a large bowl combine the eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon nutmeg and salt. whisk until combined, but not too bubbly.
- Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk and egg mixture.
- Spoon some of the mixture between the slices
- Cover with foil and put in the fridge over night
- The Next day - preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make Praline topping by combining butter, brown sugar, pecans, corn syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spread topping over the bread evenly and bake for 40 min, or until puffed and lightly golden
- Serve with maple syrup
- At our house we rarely have French bread, but we usually have home made bread so we use that instead, works great!