For 1 Batch(es) ()
- 5 pound(s) whole figs, unpeeled
- 11 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) water
Candied Figs Directions
- 1st day - do not peel figs, wash and stem them. Place figs in a large pot with water and sugar. Bring to a boil slowly and boil gently for 1 hour.
- Leave figs in syrup and cover, let set over night.
- 2nd day - boil slowly and gently for 1 hour uncovered. Then cover and let set in syrup overnight again.
- 3rd day - uncover, let boil gently and slowly until nearly dry. Take figs out and place on waxed paper on a baking sheet. Dry until shriveled in a warm oven or in the sun. Then roll in granulated sugar.
- These are a stick sweet treat. Store in an airtight container in fridge. Can be frozen