For 1 Batch(es) ()
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 3 1/2 cup(s) pomegranate juice
- 5 cup(s) sugar
- 1 pkg powdered pectin
Pomegranate Jelly Directions
- In a 6 qt pot, combine juice, lemon juice, and pectin, stir to dissolve. Place mixture over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly so it wont burn.
- Add sugar, mix well, continue stirring and bring back to a full rolling boil, continue boiling for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, skim foam and pour into sterilized containers leaving 1/8 inch head space. Seal and cool.
- If desired, or you're worried you can process the jelly in a water bath or steam canner for 5 minutes.
- To prepare pomegranates there are many methods.
- 1. Break apart the pomegranate and using hands seperate seeds from membranes under water. Membrane and skins will float, seed will sink. Scoop up seeds and squeeze with cheese cloth, use potato masher, whatever, to extract juice.
- 2. after removing skins run pomegrantes through a juicer
- 3. Squeeze with a good quality orange or lemon juicer
- 4. buy juice from a local grower!