For 1 Batch(es) ()
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cup(s) hot water
- 1 butternut squash, about 1 pound
- 1 meaty ham bone or 1/2 cup cooked cubed ham
Butternut Squash Soup Directions
- Peel, seed, and cut up squash into 1 inch cubes.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Put soup in a blender in small batches and blend until smooth, return to pot.
- Remove meat from ham bone and add pieces to blended soup.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, garnish with parsley or maybe a little sour cream.
- You can leave the hambone out entirely if you would like to make it a vegetarian dish.