For 1 Batch(es) ()
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/3 cup(s) long grain white rice
- 3 cup(s) chicken stock
Bajio's Sweet Rice Directions
- In a large saute pan, melt butter and add onion. Cook until soft and translucent. Add cilantro, cook another minute, add rice and brown it slightly.
- Watch it closely and stir often so it doesn't burn
- Dissolve sugar into chicken stock. When completely dissolved add to rice.
- Bring to a simmer, then turn to low heat and cover. Cook, covered for 30 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve!
- If you add another cup of chicken stock, especialy when doubling the recipe, the rice cooks much better and there is little chance of under done or burned rice.