For 6 people ()
- 4 dashes Hot Sauce
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- chopped fresh parsley to taste
- 1 pound(s) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounce(s) Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine, or chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 whole lemons
- chopped fresh dill to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
Shrimp Scampi Directions
- Boil water for pasta; have it ready to go
- Heat olive oil and melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add shrimp, then stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Squeeze in lemon juice. Add wine, butter, salt and pepper, and hot sauce. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Throw angel hair pasta into the boiling water. Cook until just done/al dente. Drain, reserving a cup or two of the pasta water.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add pasta and toss, adding a splash of pasta water if it need to be thinned. Taste for seansonings, adding salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with grated Parmesan and minced parsley and serve immediately.