For 8 people ()
- paprika for sprinkling on top
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 whole jalapeno, sliced thin and deseeded, optional
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 6 or 8 wedges
- 1 whole cantainer Cheez Wiz
Scalloped Cabbage Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 baking dish
- Bring a meduim pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Parboil the wedges of cabbage for 1-2 min. Drain very well, slice of the cores, then arrange in the prepared baking dish.
- In a nonstick skillet over meduim heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for a minute or two. Whisk in the milk and cook until beginning to thicken. Turn off the heat and stir in the Cheez Wiz. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the grated pepper jack. Pour over the cabbage. Dot with jalapeno slices if desired, and sprinkle on some paprika for color.
- Bake for 20 min or until golden and bubbly
- Note. This makes a good amount of cheese sauce, so it could be enough for more cabbage!