For 15 people ()
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 cup(s) lemon curd, store bought or home made
- 4 large egg whites, at room temp
Lemon Meringue Pie Bites Directions
- Pre- heat oven to 300 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats, set aside.
- In a clean, dry stand mixer bowl, beat eggs on high until they become frothy and form soft peaks that slowly sink back into the bowl, takes around one minute.
- Add the cream of tartar, then begin adding the sugar by the tablesppon, while continuing to beat on high. go slowly, this part may take 5-10 minutes of continuous beating/adding sugar. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to get all the sugar.
- when mixture has formed stiff peaks, fill a piping bag fitted with a wilton number 21 tip
- going slowly, pipe a 3-5 cm circle on the parchment lined baking sheets. without lifting the tip, do the second and third layers around the outside of the circle, forming a mini nest.
- Bake for 20 min at 300 degrees, reduce the temperature to 250 degrees and continue baking another 15 minutes. turn oven off, open oven door slightly, and allow to cool for one hour in the oven.
- Spoon lemon curd into the nest and serve immediately
- Nests and lemon curd can be stored separately for several days.