For 8 people ()
- 12 ounce(s) bag, fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange zest
- 1 cup(s) Cranberry juice, I used cran-raspberry!
- 1 cup(s) pure maple syrup, if you use the pancake stuff it just won't be as sweet
- 3 tablespoon(s) orange juice
Cranberry Sauce - pioneer woman Directions
- wash the bag of cranberries under cool water, and then throw them into a meduim saucepan.
- Pour in the cranberry juice and maple syrup.
- Add the orange juice and orange rind, you could also do lemon rind and lemon juice
- Stir together and turn the heat on high until it reaches a boil and the berries begin to pop
- turn down the heat to meduim low and contunue cooking over the lower heat until the juice is thick, about 10 min. Turn off the heat. Allow to cool, and then chill in the fridge until thanksgiving dinner is ready. It should have a nice jelly like consistency
- This is easily made the day before and keeps well for a couple weeks.