For 4 people ()
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1 cup(s) (about 30) crushed butter crackers (Ritz)
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen vegetable blend containing broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound(s) American cheese
Cheesy Vegetables Directions
- Cut cheese into cubes. Place in a saucepan with half the butter and heat over medium until it's all melted and smooth, stirring often
- Place vegetables in a 1 quart casserole dish. Pour cheese mixture over and mix well.
- Melt remaining butter. Stir in cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes. Serve at once
- I have also made this with a cheese sauce made up of a white sauce and adding the cheese of my choice. Little different flavors but sometimes it saves a trip to the store and a little money.