For 15 people ()
- 1 pound(s) 4 sticks butter
- 1 1/4 cup(s) 5 sticks butter, softened
- 2 pound(s) pecans, chopped
- 4 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3 cup(s) light brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
Pecan Pie Bars Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For the crust, beat the 5 sticks of butter and 3/4 C sugar until light.
- Add the eggs and Vanilla and mix well
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into an ungreased 18 x 12 x 2 inch baking sheet, making an edge around the edge like you would a pie crust. It will be very sticky, sprinkle the dough and your hands lightly with flour.
- Bake for 15 min until the crust is set but not browned
- Allow to cool
- For the topping
- Combine the 4 sticks of butter, corn syrup and brown sugar in a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until the butter is melted, using a wooden spoon to stir. Raise the heat and boil for 3 min. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the heavy cream and pecans. Pour over the crust, trying not to get the filling between the crust and the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 min until the filling is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold
- Cut into bars and serve